The Miecznik programme is the construction of three ultra-modern frigates for the Polish Navy. These vessels are to provide the Republic of Poland with critical anti-aircraft and anti-missile defence capabilities from the Baltic Sea, securing key energy installations (gas, oil and electricity), telecommunications and ports and shipping routes.
The implementation of the Miecznik Programme (construction of three frigates for the Polish Navy) requires a modern shipyard infrastructure. By 2024, two new halls and a social and administrative building will be built at PGZ SW. There will also be a lot of modern machinery and equipment. All this will make PGZ Stocznia Wojenna the most modern shipyard in Poland when the investment programme is completed.
The investments will:
• increase productivity,
• reduce the time-consumption of technological and production processes,
• minimise the number of accidents and occupational illnesses,
• increase the quality of products and services,
• increase comfort at work,
• improve the competence of employees,
• attract new engineering staff,
• accelerate the transformation towards “Industry 4.0” through the robotisation of technological and production processes.
HULL INTEGRATION HALL
This hall will be used to integrate the hulls of Miecznik frigates from modules being built both at our Shipyard and at the consortium partners.
• length: 154.3 m
• width: 38.5 m
• height: 42.99 m
• area: approx. 6 000 m2
• 2 cranes with a lifting capacity of 100 t
• 1 crane with 15 t lifting capacity
• Ex electrical installation (intrinsically safe)
• ventilation allowing painting in the hall
• heating to maintain a positive temperature of -24°C
The hall will house all of the shipyard’s equipment departments with the machinery and equipment required for the production process, including the locksmith shop, heavy-duty locksmith shop, power hydraulics station, mechanical workshop, shaft line service station, lift, pump and compressor service station.
• length: 121.2 m
• width: 19.95 m
• height: 14.91 m
• area: approx. 5 000 m2